29 Apr 2009
As of today SWFAddress 2.3 is available for download. It's the next stable release of the project and took a little bit more than initially planned. This update offers various fixes and few interesting optimizations requested by users. There are few backwards incompatible changes but they will affect only some exotic cases. The main new feature is the improved support for unicode values. For Firefox 3 on Mac OSX we switched from ExternalInterface to getURL/navigateToURL and had some additional troubles especially with ActionScript 3.
Here is the full list of changes:
- New public encodeURI/decodeURI methods for AS1 and AS2.
- New Unicode sample and improved support for unicode values.
- Improved detection of ExternalInterface and swfaddress.js availability.
- Improved fix for Firefox 3/Mac OSX.
- Improved degradation in uncontrolled cross-domain parent frames.
- The explicit id attribute of swfobject.embedSWF() is now optional.
- Simplified browser sniffing.
- Removed internal eval() statements.
- Removed support for swfaddress.html.
- SWFAddress.getParameter() no longer returns an empty string if the parameter is not available.
- The SWFAddress.getTracker() no longer has a default value but the behavior remains the same.
- Support for hash fragments in the SEO redirection.
- MOTW is added to all the static samples.