22 Nov 2006
As of today SWFAddress 1.0 is available for download. It took me about a month to prepare the first final release and it definitely exceeded my own expectations in terms of new features and improvements. Here is the full changelog:
- Improved folder structure.
- Build procedure based on Apache Ant.
- Optimized version that utilizes the dojo compressor.
- Support for GET style parameters with the corresponding getPath, getQueryString, getParameter methods.
- SEO support via PHP/mod_rewrite for Apache HTTPD and JSP/UrlRewrite for Apache Tomcat. It uses values like '/portfolio/' instead of '/portfolio' or '/portfolio/?desc=true' instead of '/portfolio?desc=true'.
- Detection of supported browsers.
- Improved Safari support that relies on a cached form and cookies. The method is not bulletproof, but will work in the majority of cases.
- Support for manual address changes in IE.
- Fix for '#' title in IE.