9 Apr 2008
Today is the third day of the 360Flex Europe conference and in about an hour I'm going to give a session about using SWFAddress in Flex 3. This is finally a good reason for a new release which has been postponed a few times since January. Enjoy the brand new SWFAddress 2.1 and send us feedback using the project forums.
The list of changes includes:
- New getPathNames and getBaseURL methods.
- New Rewriteless sample for SEO support without URL rewriting.
- New YouTube Player API sample for video deep linking.
- New SWiSH Max2 sample.
- Tomcat SEO sample ported to Flex.
- Enhanced SEO sample.
- Improved href and popup methods.
- Safari 3 reload and popup blocker fixes.
- Deep links validation for XSS vulnerabilities.
- DOM fix for Firefox.
- The new Google Analytics tracking is supported out of the box.
- Strict mode no longer requires a slash at the end of the value.
- The A2S/AS3 classes are available in the com.asual.swfaddress package.
- Flex 3 compatibility.
The really good news is that the SWFAddress team is growing little by little. Max Tafelmayer recently joined the project and committed few high quality fixes. Mattew Tretter, who created StateManager will also help us improve SWFAddress with some of his excellent Safari tricks.
With this release we're also starting to reward all the generous donations with nice SWFAddress t-shirts. Check the donation section for more information.